Monday, March 30, 2009

Reese update.

Our Reese is still with us.

Two hundred dollars later the vet couldn't determine exactly what was causing his nose to bleed.

They have a few theories:

1. His blood pressure, which is a bit high, is causing it. We are treating with pills. We will have this rechecked this coming Sat.

2. He may have an infection in his nose. He also had an ear infection so we are treating with antibiotics and steroids.

3. He may have cancer. The cancer diagnosis is very costly and we would have to take him to another vet aprox an hour away to find out. If he does have cancer they will treat him with chemo or radiation, both options would make him sick and we don't want to go that route.

His nose has quit bleeding with the meds he is on, so we feel it's just better to treat him like we are now. We decided not to find out if it's cancer. If he starts getting worse or is in pain we will decide what is best for him then.

3 comments:

Toad's Lair said...

Poor Reese. I hope the steroids and antibiotics do the trick and that he is feeling better soon. It's hard to see your baby sick.

I've had sick and injured birdies a couple of times and it broke my heart.

The Johnson 5 said...

I hope he contiues to get better. If something happened to one of our girls, I would be devestated! The treatment for dogs with cancer is nothing like the human treatment. It's best that you all don't find out, just let it all go to God!

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Just catching up on some blog reading and seeing this now. You have had a lot of losses this year. I will keep a good thought that all will be OK with Reesey Boy. (((((hugs)))) to all.