Thursday, February 12, 2009

No fun in the dark.

Last night during dance class we were hit with a storm. Not just a little rain, this was a major wind storm (90mph in some places) with tons of rain and hail. It was a bit scary at one point. We left dance class to a darkened town. Most of the electricity in Clarksburg and Bridgeport was out for the night. At home we were also in the dark.

Tink, JP and I made the best of it. I lit candles and put them around the kitchen and living room and I helped Tink make Valentines for her grandparents. This kept her entertained for a while. When she got tired of playing in the semi darkness we went to bed early.

I laid in bed for what seemed like an eternity listening to the wind howl. I finally fell asleep only to be woken up many times throughout the night by the wind.

When we got up this morning our neighborhood was scattered with all sorts of things. The pillows from my patio furniture were all over the yard and our trash cans are heaven knows where. My parents heavy gas grill had blown across their deck and was hanging over the edge, their solid wood glider had moved across their front porch. Other neighbor's things like a tarp and practice target are now laying against my house.

I called work to let them know I couldn't come in, I had no hot water, heat or lights. I was told that was too bad, I had no choice but to come in. So, I sucked it up and came to work with unwashed hair and no shower. Some may call it greasy hair, I'm calling it the "camping" look. Yeah, whatever. I still feel nasty!

Our office had no electric either. We were running with no lights and a generator powering our phone system and a small space heater. Fun, fun, fun! Our electric at the office finally came back on around noon.

Let's just say I'm still not in a very good mood today. One nasty word from my jackass boss and I'm going to show him what other choice I have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this morning i was busy fishin my landscape light coves out of the pond and my neighbors yard along with all the other "debris" that I found scattered about.

It is still better than snow.

BTW i hope you were able to wash your hair, i can totally sympathize with that feeling!

Nana said...

I can't believe your boss didn't close things up. I hate days like that. Hope you have electricity now.

The Johnson 5 said...

Honey your boss needs what we call a good ASS WHOPIN!!

And I will help you if you want :)