Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Addition?

We, and when I say we I really mean it's JP's idea, are considering a new pet at our house. Tink has been wanting a new pet and I have been putting it off. JP now thinks it's time for one.
Last night he asked Tink if she wanted a new cat or a dog. She got very quiet. When she looked up there were tears in her eyes. "I don't want to get rid of Reese! He's my brother and I love him!" (He's not actually her brother. He's our 9 year old Chocolate Labrador.)
We had to explain that we weren't getting rid of Reese, we were just going to get another pet to live with us and Reese. This made her much happier. "I want a new cat and a new dog. I will name the cat Doran and the dog Inside Outside!"
No. There will only be one new pet and we will not be naming the dog Inside Outside.
She finally decided on a dog. A little dog, like a mini chihuahua. Again, not gonna happen. JP wants another labrador. I love labs, but also like border collies and cocker spaniels. I think we should get a dog that has already been house broken. JP wants a baby puppy. I also think we should adopt a rescue dog instead of buying another full blooded dog from a breeder.
We will see. If we can all decide on a dog then we are set. As of now that's looking a little iffy.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Getting a dog is a great idea. If it's a puppy make sure hubby will help w/ training or you will be up $%&# Creek without a paddle. Two little kids and a puppy? You will need help, Or go with getting rid of Reese to lessen the load. hahaha.