Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Hubbs.

This is the view from my living room window. On Friday there were three trees. They were each approx 70 - 80 ft tall. Now there are two. Sadly, I was too busy taking care of a sick Tink (and evacuating the house when the tree was actually being cut) to take pics of the first tree coming down (and when it was laying against the side of the house.) Here's a better look at the trees. They are growing on a hillside. The first tree was actually growing crooked like the one in the pic, but it was leaning the opposite direction, towards our house.It's not east to see him, but Hubbs is in this tree (the one leaning up the hill) getting ready to cut the top off it.That's my Dad. He's hooking cables that are attached to the tree to his truck and tractor. The guys used these vehicles as leverage to make sure the tree didn't fall on the house after it was cut. The top that hit the house was so heavy it actually pulled the tractor backwards as it fell.
There's Hubbs in the top of the second tree after he cut the top off. Hubbs loves doing things like this. He scares the crap out of me!!! Personally if I had to climb a 70ft tree and cut it down from the top I would have a heart attack. Especially when the top falls out and crashes down to the ground making the entire tree sway. I almost had a few heart attacks with Hubbs being up there.
Hubbs and my dad are going to finish taking the trees down very soon. They ran out of time over the weekend.













1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yee gads! That would give me a heart attack too. Glad you are all OK!