Ok, I have been reading McMomma's Not Me posts for a couple of weeks now and have finally decided to follow along and post my own Not Me this Monday. So, here goes...these are a few things that I did not do this past week.
1. I did not yell at someone else's child at the McDonald's playland. Just because the playland was invaded by a local middle school's entire cross country track team and one of the 13ish year old boys screamed at my 3 year old, "Get out of that tunnel, I am going to play in there!" I did not run across the playland to rescue my terrified child and her friend and give the boy a piece of my mind. What kind of a monster yells at someone else's kid??
2. I did not let A eat a sliced apple with peanut butter for dinner. Really, what kind of a mom lets her kid eat fruit only for dinner?
3. I did not trip over my own feet in the middle of my kitchen last night when I had a house full of people over for my dad's birthday! I am certainly not that big a klutz!
4. I did not totally mess up the camcorder during A's first dance class and end up recording when I thought it was shut off and vice versa for half the class.
5. I did not cringe every time I saw my mother-in-laws number on my caller id this week. I adore my MIL, why would I do that?
6. I did not nap on the couch after work on Fri and delegate all childcare and dinner preparation to hubbs then get up long enough to snuggle A into bed between hubbs and I and go back to sleep. Really, do I look that lazy?
7. I did not let A sleep in our bed twice last week. I am not a push over when she tells me she is afraid in her own room. Nope, not me!
8. I did not wear flip flops to work last week. Really, I work in an office, they aren't allowed.
I'm sure there are tons of other things I did not do last week, but this list will have to do for now. Make sure you check out My Charming Kids for McMomma's list too. Oh, and say a little prayer for her and baby Stellan too. I don't know them personally, but I love her blog and they need the prayers right now. http://www.mycharmingkids.net/