Friday, October 10, 2008

Hubs, when are you gonna learn?

As I was getting ready to leave the house this morning I realized my really cute black purse with the silver buckles on the side totally did not "Go" with my brown sweater and flip flops that I had on. (No, I am not wearing flip flops to the office, they are not allowed. The fact that I am working alone for the next week does not mean I broke the rules and wore them anyway!)

So... I ran back to the bedroom to exchange the sweater and shoes for black ones. The hubs, JP, has the day off and was still in bed. Seeing me run in and start changing he asked what I was doing. To which I replied "My purse doesn't match my shoes and sweater, so I'm changing them instead of switching everything to a different purse." Seemed pretty simple to me.

He shook his head and informed me "That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard you say."

What? What is wrong with wanting to have coordinating clothing and accessories? I mean seriously, I'm not prissy and girly most of the time, but my outfits need to coordinate.

Just because his idea of a good outfit is holey jeans, a stained tee, work boots and a hat doesn't mean that I can't look a little put together.

I didn't have time to give him a fashion lesson, so I smiled, kissed him on the cheek, stuck my tongue out at him and left to drop A off at my sitter's (aka Mamaw's).

No comments: