Monday, October 27, 2008

CANDY!!!

Conversation at my house this morning.

Tink: Mommy, I'm too full, I can't eat any more breakfast.

Me: (checking her plate) You only ate one mini pancake. (Yes folks, I am a terrible parent and let her eat mini Eggo microwave pancakes for breakfast! Does is make it any better that she does not eat syrup on them?)

Tink: I'm reallllly full.

Me: Ok then, you can get up.

Not even two minutes later.

Tink: Can I have CANDY??

Me: No way, you are too full from pancakes.

Tink: I was just kidding, I'm still hungry. Can I have candy?

Me: Nope, but you can have pancakes or cereal.

Tink: Naahh.

She eventually ate pancakes, really cold pancakes, with no syrup. YUCK! Yeah, this is why I don't usually keep candy at our house.

6 comments:

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

well, none of that ever happens at my house! Must be your water. My kids love to eat healthy stuff rather than candy (am i dreaming? )

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

Stuff like that never happens in my house. My little angels never want candy, cookies, goldfish, brownies or cake.

Becky said...

The battle between me and Lady A and candy is HUGE....I told her she better watch out one day she will have weight issues and no teeth if she doesnt slow down.....and she says "But mom I HAVE to have CANDY!"

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

If you're a terrible parent for letting Tink eat microwave pancakes, then I am right next to you because both my kids eat these every morning (without syrup either!) for breakfast. I can think of worse things for them to eat for breakfast ... or no breakfast at all.

Becky said...

FYI, we not only had mini-eggos this morning, but they were CHOCOLATE CHIP! EEK!

Michelle said...

LOL! My youngest pulls this all the time. :)