Thursday, September 18, 2008

House update #2

Ok, last night I painted a bedroom. It now needs trim a new light and flooring. Josh is working on trim in there tonight. I am going to paint the other bedroom tomorrow. We now have bathroom flooring and are going to install it and buy a toilet and sink this weekend. Things are coming together....slowly.



While I was painting last night JP ran down the street to pick up a few plumbing supplies his buddy (our plumber) had for us. He was only gone for a few minutes when A, who had been playing back and forth between the two bedrooms, came in to talk to me. She was talking while I was painting. First thing I knew, she was hanging off the back of the chair she had been sitting on and it was tipping backwards with her. She fell onto one of JP's tools and bruised her rids on her left side. A phone call to daddy brought an ice pack for us. She finally quit crying once we got some ice on it. When she was finished crying she told daddy it was my fault she got hurt, I wasn't paying attention to what she was doing. Of course I had previously told her 10 times not to stand on the back rungs of the chair and hang off of it. She sure knows how to make me feel bad!

I at first thought she had broken a rib and am thankful she just has some bruises. I have been giving her tylenol, but it is still sore today and will be for many days to come I am sure. Poor baby!

We are headed back there tomorrow to paint again. Let's hope for no more injuries. Tonight we need a break. A and I are having dinner at BK with our best friends, the Moore's, should be a nice evening.

2 comments:

Toad's Lair said...

BK? Burger King?

I'm just me... said...

Yes, BK is Burger King. It is one of A's favorite places to eat. She really doesn't like the food as much as the indoor play area.