Tuesday, June 21, 2011

No pool party for us.

Last night I managed to tick my mom of yet AGAIN.  It happens almost daily.  I really don't get concerned about it at this point.  As long as I know I am doing what is best for my child, she is just going to have to live with it. 

Here's the scoop:

Our entire family was invited to my cousin's son's birthday this coming weekend.  It is going to be a pool party at my aunt's house.  The problems start there.  You see, my aunt doesn't clean her pool regularly and doesn't check the chemicals they just keep adding more chlorine.  The children are unsupervised in the pool, even during parties.  Granted it's only 4 feet deep, but some of the kids can't touch and they babysit themselves.  There are at least 12 kids in the pool at all times and they are mean.  That being said, I told Tink she can not swim at the party.  Tink was not happy, but didn't argue. 

Apparently yesterday my mom was talking to Tink about the party and Tink told her she wasn't allowed to swim there.  My mom decided Tink can swim at the party and when I came home from work she informed me she would go to the pool and supervise the kids while Tink was in if that was my problem.   I explained my other reasons and told her there would still be no swimming for Tink.  This did not go over well. 

I think we may just send a gift and skip the party.

No comments: