Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Housecleaning

Today I went through my friend list on Facebook and deleted a few people. I feel bad about this. Sorta.

In all honesty, I feel this is something that I have needed to do for a while.

Most of the deleted friends are people I haven't talked to in 15 or 20 years and was never particularly close to even then. One was a woman who was considered my closest friend until about 2 months ago. I'm not really sure what happened to the friendship, but it has gone downhill very quickly and I fell it is necessary to cut her out of my life completely to rid myself of the negative feelings I now have toward her.

I'm feeling better already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you...me I just deactivated my account all together. Seems like anymore its just a tool for people to complain, downgrade others, and have access to things that they normally wouldn't (family pictures).

I was "friends" with someone from high school who wasn't very nice to me at all, never spoke to me after high school until they wanted a huge friend list. After I thought about it I deleted them.

Love you bunches D!

I'm just me... said...

Well Bec, apparently deleting that one friend hit a nerve. She is burning up my facebook messages, email, text and voice mail with messages. I have only respoinded to one of them.
I simply asked her why she cares, we have obviously not been friends for some time and haven't even spoken in months. She needs to get over it and move on.
Apparently that didn't go over well either. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

Just tell her that you are going in different directions...sorry about this though, things like this suck. :(

Hugs!