Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm still here. Tink and I didn't run off to the beach like I had threatened we would.
I now wish we had.

This week is Tink's dance recital.

Monday night we had rehearsal on the big stage. Tink walked out onto the stage with her class, but didn't do any dancing.

Last night was the first night of recital. Tink too two steps onto the stage and made a u-turn. She hid at the edge of the stage and peeked around the curtain to see the audience and her class. When the song was over she did follow the other girls across the stage to exit on the other side. It was pretty cute. And funny.

So for the next three nights we will be at recital. I am a back stage mom, so I have the honor of entertaining 8 2-3 year olds for about 3 1/2 hours each night. Last night was filled with 3 clothes changes for each kid, makeup application for each kid, 3 bathroom trips with the whole gang, snacks and drinks, making sure the two who wander off are still with us and having everyone ready for curtain call. Fun stuff! Luckily I have two other moms there to help me.

Hopefully at some point Tink will venture out onto the stage. I don't even care if she dances, I will be happy if she just goes out.

Will it look bad if I show up backstage tonight drunk? Just wondering.

1 comment:

Fiauna said...

Drunk? Probably not a good idea. : 0 But good for you for helping out. Those things can be so chaotic. I know from experience.