Friday, August 15, 2008

House update

Well, as you may or may not know. We moved from our house in town last fall. We now live beside my parents in the country. Our plan has been to sell the house in town and use the extra money from the sale to pay off our new place and a few other bills so I can quit my job and stay home for a little while and persue a job in education that I would enjoy very much.

Getting the house in town ready to sell has taken much longer than I had anticipated. I was thinking a couple of months and it would be gone. It has been almost a year and we still aren't ready to put it on the market.

This week I have seen the most evidence of improvement. I know work has been going on before, but every time I visited there it was a bigger mess than the last time. At this point the electric has been replaced, all new drywall has been hung and is currently being finished, the kitchen and bathroom are empty. I painted three rooms and we are now putting trim up in those rooms. I still need to paint 4 rooms and I am going to start painting trim this weekend and then we need to replace fixtures in the bathroom and shop for kitchen cabinets and flooring for the whole house. Next weekend we have a friend bringing in a small dozer to level the back yard.

I'm getting excited. Hopefully we can get it on the market soon.

1 comment:

? said...

I hope that all your hard work pays off, and quickly too!!!